Articles on this Page
- 06/16/17--04:15: _Meet the chef: Jako...
- 07/13/17--11:22: _David Everitt-Matth...
- 07/21/17--04:30: _In the kitchen with...
- 08/30/17--03:11: _A Taste of Cornwall...
- 09/28/17--05:57: _Learn what happens ...
- 09/29/17--04:56: _Indian cuisine: Wha...
- 11/02/17--11:37: _A taste of the Wild...
- 11/20/17--12:34: _Food chat: We talk ...
- 12/22/17--10:15: _The next generation...
- 01/18/18--12:24: _New executive head ...
- 06/02/16--11:59: _Galvin Brothers to ...
- 06/07/16--12:29: _Michelin-starred ch...
- 06/15/16--13:07: _Meet the chef: One ...
- 06/17/16--03:15: _The Royal Horseguar...
- 06/26/16--14:56: _Q&A: Joan, Josep an...
- 07/16/16--07:19: _Meet the chef: Mich...
- 09/12/16--12:00: _Tomas Lidakevicius ...
- 09/21/16--12:01: _Ollie Dabbous & Osk...
- 09/21/16--13:22: _Award wining chef j...
- 10/07/16--04:28: _Meet the chef: The ...
- 10/17/16--04:57: _Meet the chef: Q&A ...
- 10/20/16--11:11: _Meet the chef: John...
- 11/09/16--12:52: _Meet the chef: Ashl...
- 11/10/16--03:11: _Meet the chef: Mich...
- 11/13/16--13:26: _Meet the chef: Robb...
- 11/26/16--02:43: _Meet the chef: Nick...
- 12/01/16--03:21: _Meet the chef: Sean...
- 01/12/17--03:42: _We talk food with M...
- 01/20/17--03:31: _Talking food & coff...
- 01/26/17--11:43: _Daniel Mertl named ...
- 02/08/17--12:00: _Meet the chef: Andr...
- 03/13/17--04:23: _Meet the chef: Jerr...
- 03/24/17--05:41: _Talking food with N...
- 03/28/17--05:29: _An interview with Q...
- 03/30/17--13:26: _New head chef appoi...
- 04/08/17--04:12: _Talking food with A...
- 04/14/17--04:20: _Atul Kochhar launch...
- 02/14/18--03:27: _A Taste of Le Cordo...
- 02/28/18--06:17: _Talking food with S...
- 03/08/18--04:13: _Meet the chef: We t...
- 03/19/18--03:52: _Meet the chef: Mich...
- 04/26/18--11:06: _Must know tips for ...
- 08/10/18--05:47: _Meet the chef: Food...
- 08/17/18--02:06: _Meet the chef: Jord...
- 09/12/18--04:20: _Meet the chef: Talk...
- 09/29/18--23:44: _Meet the chef: Cele...
- 10/26/18--05:28: _Talking food with L...
- 10/29/18--05:24: _Talking food & wine...
- 12/28/18--03:13: _Interview: Talking ...
- 01/11/19--03:41: _Talking food, drink...
- 06/16/17--04:15: Meet the chef: Jakob Mielcke at Mielcke & Hurtigkarl in Copenhagen
- 07/21/17--04:30: In the kitchen with Treby Arms’ new head chef Luke Fearon
- 08/30/17--03:11: A Taste of Cornwall at The Goring with the Stein Family
- 09/28/17--05:57: Learn what happens within the kitchen at a Michelin star restaurant
- 09/29/17--04:56: Indian cuisine: What’s driving its meteoric rise?
- 01/18/18--12:24: New executive head chef at Gidleigh Park announced
- 06/02/16--11:59: Galvin Brothers to launch at The Athenaeum
- 06/17/16--03:15: The Royal Horseguards appoints new Executive Chef, Graham Chatham
- 07/16/16--07:19: Meet the chef: Michelin star culinary heavyweight Alfred Prasad
- 11/09/16--12:52: Meet the chef: Ashley Binder at Middlethorpe Hall in York
- 11/10/16--03:11: Meet the chef: Michelin star culinary superstar Sergi Sanz Blanco
- 11/13/16--13:26: Meet the chef: Robby Jenks at The Vineyard Hotel in Berkshire
- 11/26/16--02:43: Meet the chef: Nick Brodie from the Llangoed Hall Hotel in Wales
- 01/12/17--03:42: We talk food with Michelin Star rated chef Alberto Rossetti
- 01/20/17--03:31: Talking food & coffee with double Michelin starred chef Claude Bosi
- 01/26/17--11:43: Daniel Mertl named new head chef at Fleet Street’s Lutyens
- 02/08/17--12:00: Meet the chef: Andrew Dudley at The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate
- 03/13/17--04:23: Meet the chef: Jerry Adam at The Swan at Hay Hotel in Wales
- 03/28/17--05:29: An interview with Quaglino’s head chef James Hulme
- 03/30/17--13:26: New head chef appointed at Devon’s Michelin starred Treby Arms
- 04/08/17--04:12: Talking food with Australian culinary heavyweight Dan Hunter
- 04/14/17--04:20: Atul Kochhar launches Chef Season 2017
- 02/14/18--03:27: A Taste of Le Cordon Bleu
- 04/26/18--11:06: Must know tips for hiring a full time personal chef
- 08/10/18--05:47: Meet the chef: Food talk with Nathanial Tofan from Manchester House
- 09/12/18--04:20: Meet the chef: Talking food with Joseph Wright from Joseph Benjamin
- 09/29/18--23:44: Meet the chef: Celebrity chef and TV host Akshay Nayyar
- 10/26/18--05:28: Talking food with London’s leading female chef Shilpa Dandekar
- 12/28/18--03:13: Interview: Talking food with Dayashankar Sharma
Set in one of Copenhagen’s most beautiful royal gardens is Mielcke and Hurtigkarl restaurant. The Royal Danish Horticultural Garden Society provides a stunning backdrop for some innovative cooking. The restaurant is a treat for all the senses, starting with the design and art on display including unique works by some of the most prominent artists […]
Cotswold chef David Everitt-Matthias has won Chef of the Year at the Cotswold Life Food Awards 2017 just a month before he celebrates the 30th anniversary of his two Michelin star restaurant Le Champignon Sauvage. David launched his restaurant in August 1987 along with his wife Helen, who runs front of house, and is famous […]
It’s been an exciting few months at The Treby Arms, which saw previous leader Anton Piotrowski leave under a cloud of intrigue and Luke Fearon be promoted to top dog. Since his initiation in March this year, Luke has championed the necessity for fresh, local and seasonal produce, citing on his menus that “we are […]
‘A Taste of Cornwall’ is the ultimate celebration of the sea all set within the beautiful gardens of The Goring Hotel. It has seen the veranda transformed into a Cornish fish restaurant with a stylish and relaxed atmosphere that you would expect from the beach. The Goring’s Michelin-starred Chef Shay Cooper is currently working with […]
Are you an aspiring chef or fabulous foodie? Do you enjoy learning the finer details of your dining experience and the differences between a parfait or a pavlova? Pied à Terre, located in London’s upmarket Fitzrovia, are welcoming all to step in the Michelin star restaurant’s very own kitchen on 34 Charlotte St for the […]
Indian cuisine has enjoyed a steady rise in popularity over the last 12 months, with demand for high-end, luxury ingredients and dishes at a level not seen since its introduction to Britain some 60 years ago. Executive Chef, KK Anand explores why this renaissance has come about, and how Indian cuisine can, and should take […]
TV chef Dean Edwards, and his Wild Wild West co-star, James Tanner, reunite tonight to treat guests to an evening of unforgettable locally inspired food at award-winning Bidborough gastropub, The Kentish Hare. TV chef and author Dean Edwards, and restaurateur and co-star, James Tanner are joining forces this evening to bring a slice of the […]
Since Adam Reid took over as chef-patron of the French at Manchester’s Midland hotel following Simon Rogan’s departure last year, he’s been stamping his own personality on the restaurant. He’s reimagined fine dining by reducing the number of dishes on the menu, introducing a lively music playlist and giving the restaurant a new look and […]
Alyn Williams, chef of his restaurant Alyn Williams at The Westbury, Mayfair, was a judge in the recent S.Pellegrino Young Chef 2018 UK and Ireland local final, where 10 young chefs battled it out for the chance to represent their country, in the global final in Milan in May 2018. We sat down with Alyn […]
Luxury Devon hotel and fine dining restaurant Gidleigh Park has appointed a new executive head chef to replace Michael Wignall, Andrew Brownsword Hotels has announced. Chris Simpson (picture above) took over the reins at the two-Michelin star Dartmoor restaurant on January 12. Having held the position of head chef at the coveted Restaurant Nathan Outlaw […]
Iconic five star London hotel The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences has announced an exciting partnership with Michelin-starred restaurateurs, Chris and Jeff Galvin. Following a multi-million pound refurbishment, The Athenaeum, located in the heart of Mayfair, will re-open on 27th June 2016 with ‘Galvin at The Athenaeum’ at its heart. Famous for Galvin Bistrot de Luxe, […]
Henley Festival has announced that two Michelin-starred chef Daniel Clifford will be resident chef at Henley Festival 2016, which runs from 6th to 10th July. Taking the reins of Europe’s largest field restaurant, Daniel will create a bespoke tasting menu exclusively for Henley, serving 950 covers a night at the atmospheric Riverside Restaurant. Winner of […]
Born in Besançon, France in 1949, Raymond Blanc is acknowledged as one of the finest chefs in the world. His exquisite cooking has received tributes from every national and international guide to culinary excellence. Raymond has cooked up an impressive list of prestigious awards and accolades during his illustrious career, including two Michelin stars at […]
The Royal Horseguards has announced the appointment of their new Executive Chef, Graham Chatham. Graham comes to The Royal Horseguards from The Langham Hotel with 26 years’ experience in leading hotels and fine dining institutions, and will be overseeing the culinary operations at The Royal Horseguards’ restaurant One Twenty One Two. An impressive selection of […]
Joan and Josep Roca, two of the brothers that make up the creative powerhouse behind the three Michelin-starred El Celler de Can Roca in Spain, travelled to Asia earlier this month to host their first ever Hong Kong dining experience at Felix restaurant at The Peninsula Hotel. The event, held in partnership with American Express […]
Alfred Prasad is widely credited with elevating the reputation of British Indian food with his delicate treatment of fresh, seasonal produce. Becoming the youngest Indian chef to receive a Michelin star at the age of just 29, he retained this accolade at Tamarind in Mayfair, London for 12 years. Natasha Heard, food and drink editor […]
InterContinental London – The O2, the newly launched luxury hotel on the vibrant Greenwich Peninsula, has announced Tomas Lidakevicius has taken over the helm as Head Chef at the Peninsula Restaurant, the hotel’s elegant eatery. Located on the 2nd floor of the 18-storey hotel, Peninsula Restaurant is an elegant and stylish dining room for just […]
Chef Ollie Dabbous and mixologist Oskar Kinberg, co-owners of the Michelin-starred Dabbous, are to introduce their inimitable skills to India’s vibrant capital as they head off for a four day residency at The Lalit New Delhi from 29th September until 2nd October. Among the highlights will be a dinner at the hotel’s acclaimed pan Indian […]
Howard Webb, an award winning top chef, has joined The Royal Hotel, one of Southend’s most historic buildings, which opened this year as an exclusive restaurant and bar. As Head Chef, he has already created a range of innovative dishes for the new menus being launched next week. Howard told Luxury Lifestyle Magazine: “I […]
Before he was even out of the classroom it was clear Shay Cooper had potential to be amongst the most ultra-talented chefs with Michelin pedigree. A rich and dynamic background in some of England’s finest kitchens, Shay started out at Juniper in Altrincham and Stockcross’s The Vineyard before being named Head Chef at the Endsleigh […]
2016 has been a truly award-winning year for Hampton Manor, which has become one of the UK’s most exciting foodie country house hotels. Located in the picturesque village of Hampton-in-Arden served by direct trains from London and Birmingham, Hampton Manor has helped to further establish the UK’s second largest city, Birmingham, as a true foodie […]
Having spent four years at Bodysgallen Hall in North Wales, John Williams knew his way around the hotel’s kitchen when he returned in April 2015 to the award-winning hotel as head chef. During his time at Bodysgallen Hall, a restored National Trust-owned 17th century house sitting in 200 acres of land with views across to […]
Middlethorpe Hall is a 10-minute drive from the medieval city of York with its 13th-century defensive walls (the longest and best preserved in England), narrow streets, gothic minster and bookshops specialising in antiquarian books. Visitors can explore York’s Roman, Viking, and medieval heritage plus a wealth of attractions like the iconic York Minster. The hotel’s […]
Sergi Sanz Blanco is head chef at Ametsa with Arzak Instruction based in London’s The Halkin hotel. The Spanish restaurant opened in 2013 and holds one coveted Michelin star. Sergi grew up in Barcelona and has had a rich career working for top Spanish chefs including the legendary Ferran Adria and Michelin-starred Fermi Puig. Natasha […]
‘Eat. Sleep. And drink wine.’ This is The Vineyard Hotel’s motto which fully invites guests to indulge the palate whilst refreshing the spirit. Robby Jenks, the hotel’s Head Chef, was recently awarded an Acorn Award, recognising him as one of the industries rising stars. Guests arriving at the luxurious five-star hotel will be impressed by […]
Culinary heavyweight Nick Brodie has built his name with a career that has spanned Hong Kong to London before making the UK his home and working his way up the kitchen system in many of the world’s best restaurants and alongside many award winning chefs. Nick now heads up the kitchen at the 3 AA […]
Sean Melville is Executive Head Chef at the 2AA Rosette Squires restaurant based in Newmarket’s Bedford Lodge Hotel and Spa. The only 4 Red Star hotel in Newmarket, Suffolk, Bedford Lodge Hotel and Spa retains the charm and character of a country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort and luxury. Sean joins […]
Alberto Rossetti, the new Head Chef at Baglioni Hotel London’s Brunello Bar and Restaurant, brings to the fore extensive experience and a love for Italian food inspired by his mother while growing up in Parma, a region renowned for its excellent cuisine. He believes that simple dishes can be sophisticated and refined using the right […]
Double Michelin starred chef Claude Bosi has ambitiously decided to close down his Hibiscus restaurant in Mayfair after sixteen successful years. However, Claude has kept busy. As well as working towards a new restaurant launch in Bibendum this spring, he has continued to work alongside leading coffee brand Nespresso. Natasha Heard, food and drink editor […]
Fleet Street restaurant Lutyens has announced the appointment of head chef Daniel Mertl, whose career to date has been an exceptional one, despite his relative youth. Cutting his teeth at The Savoy and double Michelin-starred Le Gavroche, Mertl honed his skills at venues including Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, The Glasshouse, Chez Bruce and La Trompette – […]
Andrew Dudley is the head chef at The Elephant Bar & Brasserie at The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate in St Austell. Born in the Welsh town of Llandeilo, Andrew always wanted to be a chef after spending Saturdays with his grandmother cooking at their farm. He joined The Cornwall at the end of 2015 […]
The recently revamped The Swan at Hay Hotel is a privately owned, independent hotel just minutes from the bustling centre of the world reknowned ‘Town of Books’, Hay-on-Wye, on the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park. The hotel underwent a complete refurbishment at the start of 2017 and is now home to 19 luxury […]
The fresh, inventive menus at Talland Bay Hotel’s Terrace Restaurant are testament to the skill and imagination of head chef Nick Hawke. Having learned his trade under some of Britain’s finest Michelin starred chefs, he leads a kitchen team dedicated to raising the culinary bar and making Talland Bay one of the best foodie hotels […]
An iconic restaurant hidden within historic and stylish St James’s in London, Quaglino’s is known for its style and glamour, which are in huge doses. Serving thoroughly delicious contemporary European food and not to mention the legendary cocktails, it makes the restaurant a sure fire hit. We spend five minutes with the head chef, James […]
The Michelin-starred Treby Arms in Sparkwell, Devon, has appointed Luke Fearon as head chef following the departure of Anton Piotrowski. Luke, 28, was head-hunted by Anton to join the team at the Treby in June last year and has been working as a food development chef, helping to create and fine tune the menus which […]
Dan Hunter, ranked #2 chef in Australia and chef-patron owner of Brae, is an award-winning pioneer of modern Australian cooking. The culinary superstar, named 2016 Chef of the Year in both The Age Good Food Guide and Australian Gourmet Traveller Magazine, has implemented a locavore philosophy at Brae’s only using ingredients found in and around […]
Twice decorated Michelin-starred Chef Atul Kochhar has announced the start of his 2017 Chef Season in which he will welcome a list of fellow chefs into the kitchens of Sindhu and Indian Essence. Once a month diners will experience a collaborative six-course Tasting Menu created by Atul and some of the most celebrated names in […]
Leading food writer KASPAR CHAMBERS goes behind the scenes at Le Cordon Bleu, London’s most prestigious culinary institution. Clouds of flour billow and waft from the stainless steel work surfaces, and freshly boiled caramel cools on the side. Twelve KitchenAids whirr dutifully in the background, kneading batches of dough, as twelve young chefs stop what […]
Sanguan Parr is by no means new to the restaurant industry, despite the fact she’s only ever had one job. Head chef at one of London’s best known Thai establishments, Nipa Thai, Sanguan very much fell into the world of hospitality. She went from teaching informal cookery lessons and raising her family to working her […]
Chris Simpson took to the helm as executive head chef at Devon’s Gidleigh Park in January 2018, following seven years as head chef at Restaurant Nathan Outlaw, which has held two Michelin stars since 2011. Chris enjoys a reputation for outstanding cooking with the very best of local ingredients, and is known for his menus […]
Nathan Outlaw may just be the nicest chef in the business. The Michelin-starred restaurateur and fish expert talks to our food and drink editor Natasha Heard. Who has been your greatest inspiration? I’ve been inspired by every chef I’ve ever worked with. Some have taught me amazing things. Some have taught me how not to […]
Imagine coming home to a freshly cooked, Michelin-star quality meal for dinner every night of the week, prepared and served to you by one of the country’s very finest chefs. Whilst having your own private staff seem like nothing more than a foodie’s daydream, it’s fast becoming a reality for many of those with busy […]
Nathanial Tofan, otherwise known as Nat, was born and raised in Nottingham. Growing up in his family’s restaurant, Nat knew he had found his passion and at the age of 18 he embarked on a career as a chef. Nat started work as an apprentice chef where he learnt the basics before working for David […]
Barcelona-based Chef Jordi Gimeno brings with him 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry with culinary trips around Europe, America and Asia. During this long voyage he has worked in Michelin starred restaurants like the Fonda Xesc in Gombrén, Catalonia, and Palau Reial of Alghero, in Sardinia. In 2012 Chef Gimeno conceived the idea of ‘Gasztrip’ under which he organizes Spanish and Catalan Food Festivals at hotels to give the guests […]
Chef Joseph Wright co-founded Joseph Benjamin in Chester in 2006 with his brother, Ben. Joseph Benjamin has been awarded a Michelin Guide ‘Bib Gourmand’ every year since 2012. The same year Ben and Joe Wright launched Porta, a tapas bar which is located next door to their eponymous restaurant Joseph Benjamin. Since then they’ve opened […]
Awarded as the most celebrated Chef in U.A.E in 2016 by Ministry of Chambers of Commerce, Government of India, 30 years old Chef Akshay Nayyar is a young and energetic celebrity chef and entrepreneur who is passionate about delivering excellence in the culinary arts. Chef Akshay was the Master of the famous ‘Guinness World Record’ […]
Shilpa Dandekar has developed a reputation as one of London’s leading female chefs. She honed her skills as a trainee chef with India’s famed Taj hotel group. Having arrived in the UK, Shilpa immediately took to cooking modern British food in various pubs before embarking as a sous chef at London’s renowned Michelin-starred Indian restaurant […]
‘When you love something, it’s easy’ – What a three-Michelin star awarded chef has to say about his craft. It isn’t often I get the chance to chat with a three-Michelin star awarded chef, especially after having tasted their food. With only three restaurants in Switzerland that hold the honour (5 in the UK) and […]
From honing an impeccable reputation across 28 years of culinary experience, award-winning chef Dayashankar Sharma has become recognised for pairing time-honoured tradition with contemporary ideas and stylings. As former head chef of the critically acclaimed Imli and Mayfair pinnacle, Zaika, and from leading teams of 12 to 14 chefs, he currently heads up the kitchen […]
Richard Allen is head chef of the Herb Garden Brasserie at Ye Olde Bell Spa in Retford, Nottinghamshire. Allen joined Ye Olde Bell in 2014, where he worked as head chef for Restaurant Bar 1650, achieving its first ever AA Rosette. Away from the kitchen Allen has a passion for health and fitness, which saw […]